Friday, December 31, 2010

A New Year.

It is crazy how fast a year can seem. In 365 days, the seasons change, goals are made, holidays are celebrated, birthdays are passed, and life is going on. So before I start a new year, I need to reflect on the last year.
I started 2010 in San Francisco, California. I had been living there three years while working for Company C Contemporary Ballet. By New Years, we were planning our tour to NYC and partying the year away. I was pretty certain that that was going to be my last year in SF but I wasn’t certain where life would take me. In May, just weeks before ending my contract with Company C, I decided that my next move was to be to New York, New York. I finished up the season in SF, packed my bags, and flew to NYC (where I got a refund on my extra bags due to that fact that the woman loved ballet). In my time there, I lived a life that many (including myself) dreamed of. I had and will always have a place in my heart for NYC. Im so glad that I was able to experience life in the Big Apple. After three months, I got a job offer in Europe. It was a tempting offer that I just couldn’t turn down. September 5th brought me to Split, Croatia where I started dancing for The Croatian National Ballet. In this time, I danced in a beautiful theater and turned 24 while on tour in Italy. I guess the rest you know... 
So much excitement and adventure in just 365 days. I think what was just as thrilling and beneficial for me was how much I have grown in this time. I continue to learn more about myself and discover more interests. I have pursued writing and photography- two interests that I have had for a while but never followed. I wonder what 2011 will bring. One thing I definitely learned here is that I don't need to try and top myself year after year or city after city. Just get as much out of each circumstance as possible.

So as the new year begins, I am ready and waiting for new and more adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment