Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Roads.

There are so many roads in life. How are you supposed to know which one to take? Do you go where the wind takes you or do you direct yourself? After we have decided on which road to travel, how do we know we have chosen the right one?
I guess there will never be answers to those questions until the day when we are able to travel back in time. We will never know if we are making the right decisions but living life with hesitance, isn’t living life to the fullest. I’m reading Julie Andrews’ biography and in doing so, I am learning a lot about success and struggle. She has worked nonstop since she was a little girl but has only had a handful of successful projects. However, she has participated in MANY more projects that include albums, theater and movies and TV shows that have all failed miserably. When she looks at her life though, she never thinks of her projects as failures. She loved all of her endeavors and has continued to learn from each one. So to her, failure was measured differently than how Hollywood or New York City would measure it. She took the roads that she saw attractive. 
I feel like I have so many options in life. When I look back, I would have never guessed that I would be where I am now. That makes me think about the future. I want to be in the same position and be somewhere that I would have never thought possible. Being here, has made me notice how it is very AMERICAN to think about money and success. Its the way we are all brought up, its our basis for judging people and giving them a status, and it determines if we are successful or not. I have noticed that Europeans live a much calmer, simpler and more relaxed life. Enjoy today and worry about tomorrow later. To me, it sounds crazy but to them, its how they are happy. Well, I think that works for them BUT I need to plan for tomorrow! 
Where will life take me next?

No comments:

Post a Comment