Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Picture This.

So, I have done a lot of writing about the city but I haven't shared a lot of pictures. Tomorrow's blog will tell you about the theater and include some pictures. For today, I thought I would just share some pictures of Vila Dalmacija and Split. 


This is the front gate. I walk in and out of this everyday. On the left, you see part of the guards post. There is a guard on duty 24/7
This is the long driveway and main villa at Vila Dalmacija. Thats where all the important people sleep (aka. not the dancers). 
A dried up fountain that I pass in the villas garden everyday. 
The backside of the main house.
This is right next to the main villa and my current home! Can we say private beach access?
The beach at Vila Dalmacija

I passed this today on my way from the studio to the Farmer's Market. Simply timeless. 

This is a view from the bus stop. Its perfectly located right at the edge of town.
This is a little outside of town. Beauty seen in a different way. 
The key to my room. Too charming to not capture and share with you. 

Along with the pictures, I have a story. I MADE A JOKE IN CROATIAN TODAY! I was so proud that A) I was speaking Croatian and B) was able to make a joke in a foreign language. Rehearsal was great today but that few minutes of my day was the highlight. 

So as you can see from the pictures, this city is full of history, charm and character. Maybe you can share this experience with me sometime. 








No comments:

Post a Comment