Sunday, October 3, 2010

Working

First, I must confess/apologize for the delay in posting a blog. We are well into rehearsals at this point and I was more inspired to rest than to write. So in an attempt to get back into the blog, I will try to make this one interesting and informative. 
Like I said, we are well into rehearsals. We have finished learning Giselle and in the cleaning process now. Our premiere is on October 16th and performing for two weeks. Its exciting to get to start performing again. Our first day in the theater (and my first time ever seeing the inside of it) is tomorrow! I will have to take pictures for you and post them in the next blog.  
We also started learning a contemporary ballet called Touch. I have done a lot of contemporary work the last few years but this one is very different from the rest. Maybe what I enjoy about contemporary work more than classical is that there is no vocabulary for it. In ballet, an arabesque is an arabesque. In contemporary, an arabesque can be off balance, over the leg, arms up, etc. This is the reason it takes longer to learn though.  I learned a solo and a pas de deux that I enjoy dancing very much. Both are different and challenging in their separate ways but kicks my ass every time. There hasn’t been one rehearsal thus far where I didn’t feel like my body was broken in half afterwards. 
I have been thinking about Italy a lot recently. We are spending an entire month touring around Italy and performing in all sorts of theaters. I mean really, how can one complain about that? This is an opportunity for me to see more of Europe that I haven’t seen yet. I will have to keep up on the blogging at that time so I can tell you all about my Italian adventures!
For now, I will end the blog here and spend the rest of this beautiful Sunday outside by the beach and resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment