Friday, October 8, 2010

A Walk to Remember

Today is Friday, October 8, 2010. Today is also a holiday in Croatia. I was told its like the Independence Day of American. Well, we all know what holidays mean- DAY OFF! So after sleeping in and eating a hearty breakfast, I decided to step outside on this beautiful Friday afternoon and go for a walk around the villa. Not to be bias or anything, but I definitely live in one of the paradisiacal locations in the world. 
As I do morning after morning, I stepped out of the front doors and walked along the stone steps that lead directly to the main driving path. I found myself at a familiar spot where my natural direction would lead me towards the front gate. Today, I decided to walk the other way and explore the grounds of Vila Dalmacija. I discovered beautiful stone buildings, fascinating foliage, and endless stairs that lead to mysterious locations. 
Everyday, I pass a vacant villa that has two chairs sitting on its balcony. Its always left me curious to why those two chairs were left there and why they were set next to each other. 

Beyond that villa, I discovered a carport with room for three cars. I would imagine that President Tito and his entourage would need more than three stalls for their motor vehicles. Nonetheless, the detached stone port lays at the corner of the property with a guards post to the left of it. 

Walking just beyond the garage, I found an even more curious building with seven stone arches and terra-cotta roof. I walked the path around the mysterious building that led me in multiple directions. Turning back, I walked inside to figure out that President Tito was a bowler! 

The long runway was a bowling alley that must have been used to entertain his guests. I enjoyed so much finding this room and picturing what it must have been like to bowl here. I would imagine that it was someones job to arrange the pins every time a ball has struck them. I wouldn’t mind getting paid to do that! Just next to the bowling alley was another detached entertainment room that laid between the main villa and the ocean. 

Then, I found myself directly across and facing the villa I live in. Let me tell you, the view is not disappointing. It seems that no matter how the weather may be, its simply a picturesque piece of land. I had seen but never been to this part of the beach before. 

This is where the boat garage is. It has two beautiful green doors with a circular top. Being the curious cat that I am, I peeked inside to find a large storage area that shelves old hardware and (what Im assuming is) old boat parts. 


Just on the right of the green doors, I noticed another door that I never noticed before. I peeked inside but the smell reeked of rotting plants and mold. 

Next to the boat garage, were windy steps. The sun was hitting them so perfectly that made them look like they were infinite stairs that points directly to the sun. 

I walked up the steps and along a road that shared gorgeous views of both the water and the backside of other properties. 

The weather was perfect and the views were so breathtaking, that I decided to sit down and take everything in. 

Being at that spot allowed me to have a spiritual and private moment by myself. Its that time that inspired me to rush home and write todays blog. So on my way back to the villas, I pass another set of stone steps that led directly to the water. 

I loved these steps because they seemed to just magically turn into rocks. I walked down them a caught the sun hitting the rocks leaving a shadow of myself. Of course, I had to capture that!

After that, I just walked along the stoney beach and directly back to the villas. 

It was a beautiful day that I had to share with you. I hope you enjoyed reading about it just as much as I enjoyed reflecting back on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment